Get to know some of the Student Council

The 2021-2022 School year has welcomed some wonderful new members to the Student Council. Student Council is a group of elected and volunteer students working together with an adult to provide assistance in school affairs and activities. They also give opportunities for student experience in leadership and encourage the student body. Being a part of the Student Council requires leadership skills and patience. Student Council is a lot of work but pays off. Our Student Council at YMS consists of fifteen members whose names are listed below.

Here we have some information about some of our Student Council members who were willing to share.

Payeton Jett
8th Grade
Payeton describes herself as “Outgoing, Helpful, and kind.”
She wanted to join the Student Council because she loves helping people and being a part of a school club/group.
She believes the Student Council will help her with meeting new people and learning more about how to work together.
QUOTE: “I like helping in activities and just being able to be in a school group where I’m able to meet new people.”

Brooklyn Smith
7th Grade
Brooklyn describes herself as an overachiever.
The Student Council was recommended to her by a teacher.
She believes that it will not just help her record, but her character.
QUOTE: “At first I was hesitant, but once I learned more about it, I found that it provided great serving opportunities, and I strive to accomplish big things and succeed in everything I do.”

Peyton Hinson
8th Grade
Peyton describes herself as kind, hard-working, positive, and encouraging.
She wanted to join the Student Council because she really wanted to help out with our school’s activities or anything that is needed.
She believes the Student Council will help her grow as a person and it will allow her to make new friends.

Maxwell Bradley
7th Grade
Maxwell describes himself as someone who loves fishing, wrestling, being funny and He also has a twin sister!
He wanted to join the Student Council to help him become a better person and leader.
He believes It will help him become a better leader and it will also help him in high school and college.

Kenzi Boyanton
Grade:7th
She would describe herself as a happy, encouraging, kind, and hardworking leader.
Kenzi wanted to join the student council to be a part of a team that makes a positive difference in our school and community.
She thinks the Student Council will help her grow to be more mindful of others. She believes it will help her realize her privileges of having everything she needs.

Chistina Dang
8th Grade
Christina has been in Student Council for 2 years and is also involved in the National Junior Honor Society and the Academic team.
She wanted to join the Student Council because she loves helping out with all the school events!
She believes the Student Council will give her the opportunity to improve skills like leadership, teamwork, communication, confidence, and organization.
QUOTE: It’s great to be able to help the community become a better place. It also gives me the chance to participate in school activities!

Naomi Gonzalez8th Grade
She wanted to join the Student Council because she loves helping people and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Naomi is a member of the FFA club and also the reporter for the middle school opening officers team she describes herself as a hard worker.
She believes the Student Council will help her because it will give her a lot of opportunities to reach out in the community.
NAOMI QUOTE: If I put my mind to it I always try my best. I also love to help people. I think i’m funny if not my friends have been lying to me. I hope that StuCo will better my leadership skills. I also think it will help me put myself out there more.

Izabelle Iyer
8th Grade
She wanted to Join Student Council because she wanted to be a part of a group that’s main focus is to help others and lead by example.
She describes herself as a kind and caring person.
Izabelle believes the Student Council will help her put her ideas into action, she believes the Student Council will help her learn how to create a service project and get her ideas into motion.
IZABELLE QUOTE: I let everyone feel welcome. I have good leadership skills and good communication skills too. My main goal in life is to make everyone feel as important as others. I have a lot of ideas for this community, I just do not know where to start.

Kennedy Epplin
7th Grade
She wanted to join the Student Council because she wanted to help the school out with activities and other things.
Kennedy describes herself as responsible, Kind, Creative, Respectful, And Helpful.
She believes the Student Council will help her help others and that it will also help her with her responsibility and helpfulness.

Abigail Zachariah
8th Grade
She wanted to join the Student Council because she wanted to help the school out with activities and other things of that sort.
Abigail describes herself as responsible, Kind, Creative, Respectful, And Helpful.
She believes that the student council will help her help others. She also believes it will also help her with her responsibility and helpfulness.

Other STUCO members had not yet respondedto the survey – Isabelle Harris, Presley Hinson, Avery Hogland, Destry Lujan and Brenna Olander.